OSR Search

Loading

Monday, July 30, 2012

Spider-headed Beastman


Spider-headed Beastman
Hit Dice: 2
Armor Class: 5 [14]
Attacks: Bite+poison(2d4) or weapon (1d10)
Saving Throw: 16
Special: Poison(+1 save or die)
Move: 9
Challenge Level/XP: 3/60


Spider-headed beastmen are tall humanoids with spider-like heads. They may
be found both above ground and in subterranean caverns. They form into loosely organized herds, often ranging far from lair in order to steal and kill with rapacious ferocity.

The truth of their orgins fade in to the distant past when an ancient and powerful sorceror conducted several vile experiments on barbarians trying to interbreed them with animals to achive a strong and obedient army to conquer near by kingdom. 
Experiments succeeded, but he underestimated their wit. The sorceror died torn apart by his "children" and here the story ends.

EDIT
Check out  Justin S. Davis' great take on my Spiderhead at A Field Guide to Doomsday blog

8 comments:

  1. And he looks very proud of his loins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! You stated him!

    Now, can I steal him for my zine in progress?

    http://rendedpress.blogspot.com/p/rent-asunder.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. And if you don't mind, I'd like to make a version for my blog, too! Take a look to see what I mean:

    http://afieldguidetodoomsday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted my version. Hope you approve!

    Take a look at your Spiderhead!!!

    (And I tried to maintain the "loin pride" mentioned by Mr. Shorts above!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Check out this magic variant for D&D magic as potential inspiration for your swords & sorcery game: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=57475

    ReplyDelete